The word article, from the Latin artus, "articulation", indicates a coherent element of decomposition. It has the following meanings:
- In grammar, an article is a factor before the name, the bearer of definiteness and marker type or number.
- the definite articles: the
- the indefinite articles: a, an
- An article is a text covering a specific topic in a magazine or book containing as many.
- A section of newspaper presents the facts of news or reportage.
- In an encyclopedia, the article is an entry that may expose different views of supporters and detractors in order to be fully neutral or be hired.
- In the trade, a section is a property sold by a store.
- By law, the article is the subdivision basis of a statute (law, code, convention, etc..). Each article in a text has a number to be referenced.
- It means in zoology by section each of the parties constituting an antenna, a leg, a tarsal or palpated in animals articulated as the insects, the spiders, or crustaceans. It also includes segments comprising the body of arthropods.